CATIA V5 3D Layout & Annotations (LOE)
Increasing product development complexity has made the realization of innovation impossible in 2D design alone. Most engineers find it convenient to bring forth ideas with 2D drafts, but the transition from 2D to 3D design is often chaotic and very time-consuming. Companies need to transform their 2D blueprints into 3D as uncomplicated and as quickly as possible.
CATIA – 3D Layout and Annotations answers to customers looking for a smooth transition from 2D to 3D and fosters innovation with a unique 2D/3D approach for conceptual design. Moreover, it reduces reliance on 2D drawings by capturing all drawing information, 3D tolerance specifications and annotations inside the 3D model and increases the pervasive usage of 3D as the master representation inside and throughout the enterprise.
- Facilitates 3D modeling for designers familiar with 2D drafting
- Increases innovation with a unique 2D/3D approach for conceptual design
- Suppresses the need for attached drawing documents
- Easily reviews &prints drawing information directly from 3D
- Rapidly shares design specifications within and throughout the enterprise
- Sheet and views management in the 3D model
- Interactive drafting creation directly used to define associative 3D modeling
- 3D geometry overlay, filtering and re-use inside the views
- 2D dimensioning annotation and dress-up tools
- 3D tolerance and annotations in parts and products, fully associative to the geometry
- Displays and filters 3D annotations in the 3D environment
- Associative creation of 2D geometry, dimensions, and annotations in the 2D Layout from the 3D geometry
This option contains:
CATIA – 2D Layout for 3D Design 1
CATIA – 3D Functional Tolerancing and Annotation 1
Interested in this solution?