Digital Manufacturing Environment For Robotic Workcell Verification And Off-Line Programming
As industries are pressed to meet timing and flexibility within manufacturing systems, there is need to make sure all aspects of the system have been proven-out before costly purchasing and installation decisions take place. With the high cost of automation equipment like Robots, it is necessary to make sure that the equipment is functioning to maximum efficiency and productivity, in order to realize optimal returns on the investment for both new manufacturing systems and mid-cycle changes to existing lines. Older, manual methods are no longer sufficient to develop these complex manufacturing systems. Manual methods also require many experts in a non-collaborative workflow, can result in improper installation and drive a variety of costly manufacturing changes. In general, these methods cannot account for all the checks necessary to create efficient manufacturing systems.
Tecnomatix Robcad is a workcell simulation tool that provides you the ability to develop, simulate, optimize, validate, and off-line program multi-device robotic and automated manufacturing processes, all in the context of configured product and resource data. These full-action mockups of complete manufacturing cells and systems within a 3D environment provide a platform to optimize processes and calculate cycle times throughout the various stages of the development timeline, from concept through implementation.
As a scalable solution, Robcad fully integrates core technologies and a powerful set of process-specific applications that addresses a wide range of processes, including spot welding, arc welding, laser and water-jet cutting, drilling, riveting and painting.
- Interoperability with major CAD systems
- 3D layout definition of workcells
- Accurate simulation and synchronization of several robots and mechanisms
- Over 50 standard robot models and 200 robot controller configurations
- Automation tools for robot placement, equipment selection, path planning and optimization, program generation and collision detection
- Reductions in process engineering lead time
- Increase manufacturing quality, accuracy and profitability
- Accurate robot programs downloaded to the shop floor
- Increased production equipment utilization for maximum return
- Detect simulation problems at early stages of planning
- Validate and optimize welding programs to corporate specifications
- Cost reduction reflected from process development to implementation