DELMIA Ergonomics Evaluation (EGE)
DELMIA Ergonomics Evaluation (EGE) is the core product for creating Version 6 Lifelike Manikins with standard anthropometry (human body dimensions).Users can place them into the Version 6 3D model and evaluate human interaction with a product or workplace. EGE delivers a wide range of manipulation and analysis tools to make ergonomics assessment accessible to all Version 6 users.
Ergonomics Evaluation benefits include:
- Integration of human factors and ergonomics requirements during workplace and product designs
- Early detection of potential ergonomic issues
- Capture and re-use ergonomics enterprise standards
DELMIA Ergonomics Analysis (EGA)
DELMIA Ergonomics Analysis (EGA) builds on DELMIA Ergonomics Evaluation (EGE) to let users analyze and predict human safety and performance directly from the 3D virtual environment. Engineers can examine, score, and iterate whole-body and segment postures for ergonomic analysis of defined work in the context of a product or workplace design. They can also work more precisely on the anthropometric definition of their manikins.
Ergonomics Analysis benefits include:
- Rapidly evaluate workplace and product designs
- Detect potential for work-related injuries early in the design process
- Improve workplace product quality and safety
DELMIA Ergonomics Task Definition (ETD)
DELMIA Ergonomics Task Definition (ETD) builds on DELMIA Ergonomics Evaluation (EGE) by allowing users to create, simulate, and validate tasks performed by a Lifelike Human manikin in the Version 6 environment. Ergonomics Specialists are able to easily create and simulate the way a worker interacts with a product or performs tasks in the workplace. ETD makes it simple to define common tasks using predefined actions such as picking up and placing objects, walking, operating a device, or using a tool. ETD makes defining and simulating human tasks accessible to all Version 6 users.
Ergonomics Task Definition benefits include:
- Introduce ergonomics earlier in workplace design
- Reduce costs
- Reduce risk of injury
- Switch target populations without updating tasks
DELMIA Ergonomics for Vehicle Design (EVD)
The DELMIA Ergonomics for Vehicle Design (EVD) solution lets designers identify driver and passenger ergonomics issues early in the design process to avoid costly, time-consuming changes.
EVD applies the Cascade and Cascade 2 algorithms (developed by University of Michigan Transportation Research Institute) to let designers use first primitives of the steering wheel, floor panel and pedals to automatically position humans in the car. The Vehicle interior dimensions are automatically compliant with SAE standards 1516/1517 or 4002/4004
Ergonomics for Vehicle Design benefits include:
- Effectively predict occupant posture and virtual 3D manikins
- Cut costs and avoid errors by highlighting occupancy issues early
- Re-use and share the posture of the manikins across design disciplines.