CATIA Fabricated Product Creation (FPE) with Sheet Metal Design (SMD)
Finding ways to reduce design-to-manufacturing cycles is a key priority for industrial companies. Companies need to rapidly design standard compliant sheet metal parts in 3D that are complex in addition to being ready-to-manufacture.
The CATIA Fabricated Product Creation option is dedicated to the rapid design of sheet metal parts. Designers benefit from already capitalized know-how and can take into account manufacturing constraints early in the design. In this way, they can create sheet metal parts that are fully compliant with company rules and standards for efficient manufacturing.
- Fast and efficient design of sheet metal complex parts
- Easily apply company-defined standards to ensure design quality
- Create right first time sheet metal parts thanks to design in context of the virtual product
- Take into account manufacturability constraints early in the design phase and speed up assembly design
- Complete sheet metal oriented features most commonly used
- Creation and reuse of the company’s standard sheet metal components (bend tables, stamps, tooling templates)
- Work concurrently on the folded and the unfolded state of the part
- Unique multi-body capabilities, allowing a better understanding of the design and simplifying exchanges
- Recognize and modify external sheet metal parts (STEP &IGES)
- Complete dedicated processes for Ruled and Non-Ruled (with double curvature) sheet metal parts
- Weld design and assembly features creation
- Sheet metal dedicated drawing generation capabilities for manufacturing as well as seamless nesting and cutting export
This option contains:
CATIA – Sheetmetal Design 2
CATIA – Weld Design 1
Interested in this solution?