CATIA V5 Mechanical Shape Design (HDX)
In traditional systems, design modifications are very complicated, making collaboration between designers complex and delaying product development. Companies require an all-in-one solution to create and verify the quality of shapes.
CATIA – Mechanical Shape Design provides a unique and powerful spec-driven modeling approach for the creation of high-end mechanical shapes and the intuitive manipulation of free form surfaces. This standard solution for high quality surface modeling promotes efficient concurrent engineering between styling and shape design enabling to optimize the product design workflow.
- Recognized as the standard solution in mechanical shape design domain delivering high quality shapes
- Rapid propagation of design changes at any time for easy shape design optimization
- Automatic generation of complex hybrid shapes such as sweeps and blends
- Standard design methodology definition to speed up the design process
- Compliancy with design rules and constraints making shapes ready for manufacturing operations
- Concurrent design empowerment
- Smart feature-based approach to dynamically create and modify all types of wireframes and surfaces
- The most extensive set of advanced surface capabilities on the market such as adaptive sweep
- Rapid flattening of ruled and non-ruled surfaces and developing curves on revolution surfaces
- Wide set of real time analysis tools for quality checking
- Powerful law definition to capture design intent
- Unmatchable knowledge template creation and reuse for automation of design tasks
- Styled surfaces can be refined and used as references to create mechanical shapes
This option contains:
CATIA – Generative Shape Design 2 (GSD)
CATIA – Developed Shapes 1
CATIA – FreeStyle Shaper 1
Interested in this solution?