CATIA V5 Flexible PCB Design (CBE)
Catia V5 Flexible PCB Overview
Today’s consumers require compact electronic devices with greater functionalities. To create high-quality products faster, companies need integration of realistic Printed Circuit Boards (PCBs) inside a virtual product and simplified collaboration between mechanical and electronics specialists.
CATIA – Flexible PCB Design enables modeling of circuit boards within a virtual mock-up and facilitates collaboration with electronic CAD systems.
- Easy and intuitive creation : creating a PCB shape in 3D in a fully digital environment
- Robust Electro-Mechanical engineering collaboration through a standard intermediate data format
- Effective and strengthened Electronics CAD and Mechanical CAD design collaboration
- Multi-body sheet metal part makes it possible to start design from several connectors concurrently
- Dedicated tools for thin parts modeling
- Easy creation of mechanical shapes of printed circuit boards in the context of the mechanical assembly
- Bi-directional interface with electrical CAD Systems based on industry standard interface (IDF) format
- Creation and management of electronic component catalogs
- Intelligent placement of components like connectors coming from a catalog, constrained in its mechanical environment
- Easy mapping with several Electronics CAD import/export referential tools for position without need for redesign in CATIA thanks to the neutral data exchange format defining 3D components library
This option contains:
CATIA – Circuit Board Design
CATIA – SheetMetal Design
Interested in this solution?