CATIA V5 – 3D Master
Companies using 2D drawings to capture tolerance and annotation must maintain synchronicity between 2D drawings and 3D modifications in order to share consistent and up-to-date manufacturing information. This process is time-consuming and error-prone and does not permit further usage of 3D tolerance analysis or metrology.
CATIA – 3D Master provides 3D definition and management of standard-compliant tolerance specifications and annotations for parts and products. It transforms 3D as the master representation, directly re-usable for manufacturing planners and shared throughout the enterprise.
Ensures compliance of 3D conceptual design with product specifications
Suppresses the need for attached drawing documents
Easily reviews and prints drawing information directly from 3D
Supports international standards for part and product definition
Shrinks time for part definition with already captured tolerance specifications and annotation in design templates
Rapidly shares design specifications within and throughout the enterprise
- Wizard-like creation of 3D tolerance specifications and annotations in parts and products, fully associative to the geometry.
- Syntactic and semantic tolerancing check of the annotations, fully compliant with latest revision of major international standards.
- Display and filtering of annotations in the 3D environment.
- Fast presentation of 3D tolerances and annotations in a familiar drawing layout.
- Embedding tolerance specifications and annotations inside design templates.
- Tolerance specifications and annotations directly linked to the manufacturing process.
- Pervasive sharing of the 3D tolerance specifications and annotations.
Model Based Definition with 3D Master
A proven, natural progression from 2D – makes the right information available anytime, anywhere. Increase product and process quality while reducing costs by up to 90%.
Drive accuracy into your business
The Model Based Definition approach provides companies with one single reference for 100% of the product definition – all in 3D. This means that there is a single source of all product information, including fully accurate and annotated geometric definition.
This provides everyone with a single source for all manufacturing and work instructions and all downstream processes. It also ensures a single traceable source for compliance with regulations and standards. You can still create and use 2D drawings, but they become a communications medium, not the reference, and they are always up to date.
Model based definition delivers benefits across all phases of product development:
- In the Conceptual phase it becomes easy to reference and reuse existing 3D and 2D data. New concepts in 3D can be quickly generated from existing 2D layouts.
- In the Detail Design phase you can work faster, defining the part accurately, complete with tolerances and annotations, directly in 3D. The “Tolerancing Advisor” makes things easy by checking and proposing solutions, for parts and assembly conditions. Tolerance schemas can be rapidly applied to families or similar parts.
- During the Review phase, the full product definition is available to anyone, anywhere, anytime, supporting real-time concurrent design and review across multiple disciplines. This allows errors to be identified and addressed early.
- Manufacturing and other downstream activities benefit from direct integration and access to the full 3D product definition. Downstream users can create their own specialized views and improve decision making with accurate data.
- To assist Production and Installation, on-demand blueprint creation allows documentation to be easily produced for the extended enterprise.
This option contains:
2D Layout for 3D Design 1
3D Functional Tolerancing and Annotation 2
Interested in this solution?