CATIA V5 Composites Design
Composite materials bring forth many new possibilities and high-performance products. Designers need dedicated tools in order to fully benefit from the potential that composites offer. A global environment requires trouble-free collaboration for designers who need to take composite manufacturing specificities into account early on.
The CATIA – Composites Design option provides engineers with a collaborative and completely CATIA-integrated environment to rapidly create innovative composite parts for the aerospace, automotive, and shipbuilding industries. By enabling designers to work concurrently on the same design and to embed composites manufacturing constraints earlier in the conceptual stage, this option drastically shortens design time.
- Fully integrated in the V5 environment
- Shortened composite part design time period (up to ten times faster)
- Fast plies generation from zones (automatic management of the ply staggering and stacking rules)
- Take into account manufacturing constraints early in the design phase
- True collaborative composites engineering environment enabling designers to work concurrently
- Grid approach brings significant productivity gains as well as quality improvement
- Easy to use zone (geometry and laminate) and transition zones modeling definition
- Powerful ply modeling tools based on 3D features
- Complex geometrical configuration support (Monolithic and core stiffened panel, stiffeners, stringers)
- Solid generation from zones and plies (exact solid)
- Complete composites inspection tools (core sample and numerical analysis, ply table..)
- Best-in-class fiber simulation tools for early manufacturability assessment
- New grid design approach “in context” for composite process
This option contains:
CATIA – Composite Engineering 2
CATIA – Generative Shape Design 2
Interested in this solution?