The process of designing and creating molded parts is often time-consuming and inflexible, which is incompatible with accelerating market trends for new design. Companies need to be equipped with state-of-the-art and highly productive technologies to maintain a competitive edge.
Molded product creation delivers ultra-fast functional modeling for unmatched productivity and flexibility, to address the complete design-to-manufacturing preparation process of molded parts.
• Functional modeling : focus on what you want to model and not how to model it
• Cornerstone for real-time collaborative design
• Ensure “right the first time” molded parts design thus reducing the number of iterations with mold makers
• Proven cycle time reduction in modeling and design changes: multiply by up to 35 the reduction in time needed for the creation of molded products, and up to 70%for design changes
• Concurrently design both the product and the associated tooling for molded and plastic parts
• Seamless collaboration across the extended enterprise
• Wide range of discipline oriented features that take into account manufacturability constraints: Extrude, Revolve, Cut, Thicken surface, Rib, Boss, Cutout, Rest, Pocket, Grill, Reinforcement, Shell, etc.
• Order-independent feature creation resulting in history-free part construction. CATIA – Molded Product Creation brings a new level of flexibility and productivity to design by providing access to a collection of intuitive functional features. Whereas in most other CAD systems a complex modeling task would usually require the creation of several dedicated features, these industry-specific functional features enable to complete the modeling in a single operation. This all-in-one concept saves considerable time when elaborating on a complex form. In addition, the various design elements can be created in any order making it easier for users to capture their design intent and focus on what they want to model, not how to model it.
• Hybrid design: fully associative shape design in context of parts
• Accuracy checking and quality improvement of shapes when imported
• Generate and optimize STL meshes for rapid prototyping
This option contains:
CATIA – Functional Molded Parts 2
CATIA – Healing Assistant 1
CATIA – STL Rapid Prototyping 1
CATIA – Assembly Design 2
CATIA – Part Design 2
CATIA – Generative Shape Design 1